Appearances on Airwolf episodes
- And They Are Us (episode) - seen in Colonel Vidor's office. No Vietnam vet's room would be complete without one!
- Firestorm (episode) - used by General Sandower's guards. During their escape, Dominic uses one which Hawke had taken off a guard. Judging by the triangular grip, the lack of a rib around the magazine release and the lack of a forward assist, the weapon is an M16SP1 although the flash suppressors appear to be that of the later M16A1.
- HX-1 (episode)
- used by various US troops during Hawke's flashback to the Vietnam War. Mace Taggert and Saint John Hawke are seen with it. String uses one to shoot a Viet Cong sniper in a tree and save Mace Taggert's life. Mace remembers this and decides to spare String's life later
- Handley, one of the mercenaries working for Dunkirk, is also seen practicing with one at a shooting range. Again it looks like an SP1.
- Once a Hero (episode) - used by Hawke, Kearns, Charmaine and Wallace during the raid on the prison camp. Like the others above, the weapons here look like SP1s with A1 flash suppressors. The weapon used by Wallace has a movie-prop M203 grenade launcher fitted. He uses it during the raid and firefight but never fires any grenades. He boards the truck with it during the egress, but somehow, when they are ambushed by an Browning M2 emplacement, he has a regular M16. Which is a pity because the grenade launcher might have been useful in taking out the machine gun nest.
- Inn at the End of the Road (episode) - Lord Killebrew's security guards and an unnamed member of Steele's gang who is guarding the Hughes 369 helicopter at the abandoned radar station.
- Prisoner of Yesterday (episode) - Several revolutionaries used the M16. Here is one of the better views, in this case of Luis. Like in Firestorm (episode), the weapon appears to be an SP1 made to look like an M16A1.
- The Horn of Plenty (episode) - Various soldiers of Horn's private army.
- Discovery (episode) - Horn's men in the firefight against the FIRM Zebra squad.